I attach the 2010 AMESA Grade 4-7 Mathematics Challenge package comprising circular with forms, papers, answer sheet and memorandum.
Please distribute to all interested persons and encourage schools to participate in this National Mathematics Week activity?
The documents are in PDF format to safeguard formatting between different machines ...
If you really cannot print the PDFs you can ask me for the Word documents.
Schools can write the First Round during Mathematics Week 2-6 August, but may write later if they choose, provided they get their Final Round info to their Regional Organiser by 18 August.
The planned timeline for 2010 is:
- First Round written in school during Mathematics Week 2-6 August 2010, or later ...
- Schools should inform their Regional Organiser of learners participating in the Final Round by 18 August.
- The Regional Organiser will inform schools of arrangements for the Final Round by 1 September.
- Final Round written in the regions: Wednesday 8 September
- The Regional Organisers should communicate regional results to the Chief Organiser by 30 September.
- Certificates of Achievements distributed by 1 November.
Thank you very much for your valued involvement in the Challenge, I trust you and your pupils will enjoy participating!
Director: Research Unit for Mathematics Education
Faculty of Education
University of Stellenbosch
Private Bag X1
Tel: (021) 808 2299 (021) 808 2299 (021) 808 2299 (021) 808 2299 (021) 808 2299 (021) 808 2299 (021) 808 2299